Trailer & Truck Mechanic – Full-Time with Benefits
Location: Amsterdam, NY
Join a team within a growing, dynamic manufacturing company, who strives to be the #1 industrial recycling company in the great Northeast. Power Pallet Recycling Center is one of the largest recycling companies in the Northeast and our customer base is spread over a 250-mile radius.
We are seeking a highly motivated truck and trailer mechanic, looking to grow in a fast-paced environment. We offer competitive pay to all full-time employees, as well as a benefit package that includes health insurance, bonus incentives and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. Power Pallet Recycling Center is a drug-free workplace, where we value hard work and innovative ideas.
- Diagnoses, rebuilds and repairs forklifts, tractor trailers and heavy equipment.
- Performs inspections and preventative maintenance.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports.
- Ensures compliance with DOT regulations through safe operation of all equipment, and maintains a safe and clean work area.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience required.
- Technical capacity required.
- Must acquire New York-issued Heavy-Duty Inspector’s License within one year on the job; preference will be given to applicants who already possess the license.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds; must be able to reach, lift, carry, push, and pull (with or without reasonable accommodations).
- Must pass a pre-employment screening.
- Commercial Driver’s License required; Class A CDL preferred.
- Must meet our core values – respectful, dependable, safe, loyal, timely, good communication skills, trustworthy and honest.
- Must be safety conscious, with the ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
This is a full-time, second-shift position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday (and some occasional Saturdays), 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Overtime work is possible at times.
Power Pallet Recycling Center is an equal opportunity employer, affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce, and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.