Maintenance Technician – Full Time with Benefits
Location: Amsterdam, NY
Join a team within a growing, dynamic manufacturing company, who strives to be the #1 Industrial Recycling Company in the Great Northeast. Power Pallet Recycling Center is one of the largest recycling companies in the Northeast and our customer base is spread over a 250 mile radius. We are seeking a highly motivated Maintenance Technician looking to grow in a fast-paced environment. We offer competitive pay to all employees, and are pleased to offer a benefit package to include health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan and bonus incentive programs. Power Pallet is a drug free workplace and we value hard work and innovative ideas.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and plant facility equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills to include; mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report any unusual situations to supervision.
- High School Diploma/GED and completion of craft apprenticeship, or equivalent years of education and production maintenance experience needed.
- Manufacturing experience; with strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and electrical skills with some PLC and HVAC experienced preferred.
- Forward Thinking & Initiative – seeks to learn and lead others.
- Meet our Core Values – respectful, dependable, safe, loyal, timely, good communication skills, trustworthy and honest.
- Safety Conscious – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety, comply with safety regulations, and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Ability to pass a pre-employment screening
This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday, and some occasional Saturdays with some overtime work possible at times.
Power Pallet Recycling Center is an equal opportunity employer that affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce, and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.