Production Supervisor – Full-time with Benefits
Location: Amsterdam, NY
Join a team within a growing, dynamic manufacturing company, who strives to be the #1 industrial recycling company in the great Northeast.
Power Pallet Recycling Center is one of the largest recycling companies in the Northeast and our customer base is spread over a 250-mile radius. We are seeking a highly motivated Production Lead, looking to grow in a fast-paced environment.
We offer competitive pay to all employees, as well as a benefit package that includes health insurance, bonus incentives and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. Power Pallet is a drug-free workplace, where we value hard work and innovative ideas.
Once completing 12-month training program, the Production Supervisor is responsible for the leadership and management of employees in a manufacturing environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures, and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The wearing of personal protective equipment is required.
- Monitors and leads team members to ensure quality, productivity, safe working environment and high morale are being achieved with positive results in all areas.
- Manages departmental performance measures, to include keeping record of each team member’s performance.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and development; includes resolving team member issues, motivating to enhance production quantity, and ensuring standards are maintained at a high level.
- Maintains proper inventory levels; this includes keeping records of equipment, budgets, deliveries, and supplies.
- Manages department priorities; this includes developing schedules for implementation of projects.
- Tracks time and attendance; this includes creating work schedules for team members and ensuring adherence.
- Performance management and problem solving/analysis skills required.
- Leadership, forward thinking and initiative skills required. Must seek to lead and learn, and be results-driven
- Must meet our Core Values – respectful, dependable, safe, loyal, timely, good communication skills, trustworthy and honest.
- Strong interpersonal skills required. Must be able to relate with all members of the team.
- Must be attentive to detail and possess strong organizational skills.
- Technical capacity and time management skills required.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s degree, or at least two years of supervisory or management experience, is required.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Occasional overtime may be required as job duties demand.
Click Here to email a resume
Click Here to complete an online application
Power Pallet Recycling Center is an equal opportunity employer, affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce, and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.