Yard Jockey – Full-Time with Benefits
Location: Amsterdam, NY
Join a team within a growing, dynamic manufacturing company, who strives to be the #1 industrial recycling company in the great Northeast.
Power Pallet Recycling Center is one of the largest recycling companies in the Northeast and our customer base is spread over a 250-mile radius. We are seeking a highly motivated Production Lead, looking to grow in a fast-paced environment.
We offer competitive pay to all employees, as well as a benefit package that includes health insurance, bonus incentives and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. Power Pallet is a drug-free workplace, where we value hard work and innovative ideas.
The Yard Jockey is responsible for the timely movement, inspection and spotting of trailers, to facilitate the needs of the warehouse in sorting and processing material for shipment or storage. The Yard Jockey must have thorough knowledge of on-hand inventory and positioning.
- Maintains a neat and orderly yard lot, orientated toward maximizing efficiency in servicing the plant needs.
- On a daily basis, operates yard trucks in a safe manner during numerous roll-on/roll-off procedures, involving loaded and empty trailers.
- Conducts preventive maintenance checks and services, as well as actual scheduled vehicle maintenance.
- Accounts for records, involving trailer numbers and weights on the scale log sheet, to include source and type of material.
- Interacts and communicates daily with dispatch, operations, and plant personnel.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the transportation department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Technical capacity and time management skills required.
- Must meet our Core Values – respectful, dependable, safe, loyal, timely, good communication skills, trustworthy and honest.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Occasional overtime may be required as job duties demand.
Power Pallet Recycling Center is an equal opportunity employer, affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce, and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.