Safety Assistant – Full-Time with Benefits
Location: Amsterdam, NY
Join a team within a growing, dynamic manufacturing company, who strives to be the #1 industrial recycling company in the great Northeast.
Power Pallet Recycling Center is one of the largest recycling companies in the Northeast and our customer base is spread over a 250-mile radius. We are seeking a highly motivated Safety Assistant, looking to grow in a fast-paced environment.
We offer competitive pay to all employees, as well as a benefit package that includes health insurance, bonus incentives and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. Power Pallet is a drug-free workplace, where we value hard work and innovative ideas.
The Safety Assistant is responsible for assisting the Safety Manager in all safety-related matters, to ensure that a safe environment is maintained at all times for employees, visitors, vendors and guests.
- Appropriately responds to all incidents/accidents and coordinates medical attention as needed.
- Assists in monitoring the workplace to ensure the safety of employees, visitors, vendors, and guests.
- Responsible for inventory, ordering and maintenance of personal protective equipment.
- Maintains daily logs of activities and all safety-related matters.
- Participates in incident and accident investigations.
- Performs safety observations, audits and inspections, to ensure employee safety.
- Assists in training and any other programs assigned by the Safety Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Physical requirements may include extensive walking and/or standing up to 8 hours per shift.
- Requires occasional bending, sitting, and stooping.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Schedule will vary according to operating needs, but will include early mornings, late evenings, some weekends.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have at least one year of manufacturing experience
- Must be able to work well with people of diverse backgrounds and temperaments.
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to speak, read and write the English language.
- Must have experience in Microsoft Office, Excel and Power Point
- Must be CPR/AED certified
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations preferred
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Occasional overtime may be required as job duties demand.
Power Pallet Recycling Center is an equal opportunity employer, affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce, and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.